Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Go!


Greetings from Amsterdam, the first leg of my travel to Uganda. I'm sitting in the lobby of the hotel where there is wireless access, looking out at the cold and rainy street.

I did get out earlier today, walking through jet lag and checking out the Flower Market--Bloemenmarkt--thanks to a tip from Paula D. The photo is of a selection of bulbs available for purchase, some of them pretty scary-looking.

I'm pleased to say that I did get everything packed and I have not yet said, "Oh no! I forgot to bring X!" My suitcase weighed in at 36 pounds, and I have to admit I'm pleased about that. Especially as a surreptitious look at the travelers around me showed that their suitcases weighed in the 33-35 pound range.

Off to get some dinner before jet lag claims me for good.

No comments: