Saturday, March 15, 2008

Also the quiet view from the room

I'm afraid I left a false impression with my post about my lodgings. This picture was supposed to be in there, but wasn't for some reason:



This is the view from my room, and the building beyond it is the reception area and dining hall. Beyond that is a driveway, and beyond that is Bombo Road. So it's quieter and more private than you might have thought. There's still the sound of a rooster crowing in the morning, and the Muslim call to prayer, and workers and car horms, but it's quieter than the busy street outside would suggest.

They're also meticulous. Yesterday I watched a man picking up fallen leaves one by one from the lawn, and my room is always spotless. It reminds me of a retreat center more than anything else. Certainly I feel comfortable there. But I will be moving to an apartment next week, which will have its own charms, though the maid service will be terrible!

No comments: