Sunday, March 16, 2008

Basics: the weather

Aida asked “What’s the weather like?” and I’d have to say that I think it’s terrific, at least so far. Not nearly so hot as I had expected, given that we are on the equator, though I’m glad for a broad-brimmed hat and sunglasses, and glad to walk in the shade. I’d guess usually in the 80’s during the day. But I sleep under a blanket at night and haven’t turned on the fan in my room since my first night here, and one of the things I’m most glad I brought is the hooded sweatshirt that I wear every evening and in fact am wearing right now as I write this in my room at 8:30 in the morning. I had almost left it behind.

It’s the rainy season here and there have been some terrific storms, but only at night so far, thank goodness. Lightning and thunder that I haven’t experienced for a while, and I’m glad to be in a comfortable room. Last night the thunder was so loud that the room itself rumbled.

1 comment:

am said...

Wow! Thunder so loud it shakes the walls! And that doesn't wake you?

Hooray for hoodies! am