Saturday, May 24, 2008

A busy week!

Hello, there!

It's going to be a short update right now as I only have about 9 minutes left at the internet cafe. I thought I would take advantage of the unlimited internet access I still get at the Life in Africa internet cafe but a) the power is down and b) Ezra is packing up as LiA prepares to move back to their original location. They can't afford the rent where they are any more. Alas!

But I've had a good, very busy week at MCDT, going to four different neighborhoods ranging from rural at the edge of Kampala, to slums, to urban/downtown, to an industrial edge of town.

I've also heard there's a new Kiva fellow who will be arriving next Friday, so I'm starting to make transition plans.

All in all, things are going well and I'll add more details when I can. Today is for laundry, grocery shopping, and general housework. And all is well.

No comments: